Stratocaster® Blender Wiring Kit
Loose components and DIY kits are shipped same day if ordered before 1pm. Refer to our shipping policy.
Our blend control Strat® wiring kit consists of the same high quality components in our standard Strat wiring kit but includes a specialist blend control (no load) potentiometer.
Wiring a Strat® with a blend control enables neck + bridge pickups to be selected together as well as all three pickups together. The neck + bridge combo is similar to that Tele® "quack"
Blender on 10 (plays like a normal Strat®)
- Position 1: Bridge
- Position 2: Bridge & middle
- Position 3: Middle
- Position 4: Middle and neck
- Position 5: Neck
Blender on 1
- Position 1: Bridge with neck faded in
- Position 2: Bridge and middle with neck faded in
- Position 3: Middle
- Position 4: Middle and neck with bridge faded in
- Position 5: Neck with bridge faded in
Stratocaster® blender kit includes:
- 2 x 250k SSS Premium® CTS pots (8% tolerance)
- 1 x 250k SSS Premium® CTS blender pot
- 1 x 0.047uf Orange Drop capacitor
- 2ft of black cloth wire and 2ft of white cloth wire
- 1 x CRL USA 5 way switch (with spring action)
- 1 x Switchcraft® USA 1/4'' jack socket
- Heat shrink tubing
- Optional treble bleed capacitor
- Optional SSS Premium® PIO capacitor upgrade
SSS Premium® CTS Pots
Featuring SSS Premium® CTS pots, our wiring kits are the ultimate upgrade. SSS Premium® CTS pots have a smooth, custom audio taper as opposed to the modern 10% audio taper, giving you a smoother and more rounded control sweep, avoiding sudden choking or drop offs all too common with a lot of pots. SSS Premium® CTS pots are made to 7% resistance tolerance. The heat shrink tubing provided is used to insulate key joints (i.e. the joints on the output jack) and it is particularly useful to funnel all of the pickup wires together.
Treble Bleed Upgrade
The treble bypass capacitor gets soldered to your volume control and offers a more uniform sweep from 1-10. It retains the high end frequencies (treble) as the volume is rolled back.
Will this fit my Strat®?
Our Strat® wiring kit will fit all genuine Fender® USA/MIM Stratocasters and will also fit the majority of Strat® copies and imported models. Many imported models use the smaller metric pots and so you may be required to drill your pickguard holes to 10mm diameter to accommodate the larger USA potentiometer shafts. Many imported models use small pots so you will need imperial control knobs that fit the larger CTS pots.
All of our kits come with an easy to read wiring diagram. Installation is as easy as it gets. Alternatively, follow our walkthrough in the below video.