SG Wiring Harness (Coil Split)
SSS Premium® prewired kits are subject to a 3-5 working day assembly time. Refer to our shipping policy.
Our best selling SG wiring harness is now available with coil splits.
Wired and grounded using vintage style Gavitt® braided guitar wire, this SG wiring harness is wired in the popular "50's style" but also enables coil splitting via the push pull tone controls, giving an extra dimension to your tonal range.
SG Wiring Harness Features:
- 2 x SSS Premium® 500k pots (CTS)
- 2 x CTS 500k push pull pots
- 0.015uF (neck) & 0.022uF (bridge) SSS Premium PIO® (Paper in Oil) caps.
- 1 x Switchcraft® L-type switch (+ deep threaded nut)
- 1 x Switchcraft® long thread 1/4'' mono jack socket
- Braided Gavitt® cloth wire
- Heat shrink tubing insulation
As with each harness we measure the resistance and capacitance of each component and ensure they are all within 5% of each other. This, along with the popular 50's style wiring, gives a consistent, more rounded sweep on the volume and tone controls.
Will this fit my Guitar?
This prewired SG harness will fit genuine Gibson® & Epiphone® SG's without modification. The deep threaded nut is included with the toggle switch to ensure the thread goes through thicker topped bodies. This can fit imported models and SG copies but you may be required to drill the tone/volume controls to 10mm and the toggle switch to 12mm.
Note - this kit will only work with four conductor lead wire humbuckers.