Jimmy Page Wiring Kit
The Jimmy Page wiring kit makes use of 4 push-pull pots.
When pushed down, the guitar plays like a normal Les Paul®. When pulled up you can split the humbuckers or play them out of phase or in series with each other offering near unlimited tonal range and an extra dimension to your Les Paul®.
Bridge volume pulled up - splits bridge humbucker
Neck volume up - splits neck humbucker
Bridge tone up - bridge & neck humbuckers out of phase
Neck tone up - bridge & neck humbuckers in series
Jimmy Page Wiring Kit consists of:
- 4 x CTS 500k push pull audio pots (choose either short or long shaft)
- 2 x 0.022uF orange drop capacitors
- 1 x Switchcraft 3-way toggle switch + deep threaded nut
- 1 x Switchcraft 1/4'' mono jack
- 5 ft "Gibson style" braided guitar wire
- 4 ft cloth guitar wire (2ft cream, 2ft black)
- Heat shrink rubber tubing
- Easy to read wiring diagram
- Optional SSS Premium® PIO capacitor upgrade
The kit also includes heat shrink tubing to protect the ground running through the control cavity and other areas as required (i.e. the joints on the output jack).
Will this kit fit my guitar?
This wiring kit will fit genuine Gibson® Les Paul® guitars with no modification required. However, it can be used to fit any style of guitar that uses 2 tone and volume controls. The pot thread shafts are 9.52mm in diameter so if installing into an imported copy you may be required to drill the pot holes to M10 to accommodate the larger US pots.
Tip - long shaft pots are suitable for any Les Paul® model. The second nut can be used to adjust the height from inside the control cavity.
Please note - this setup will only function with 4 lead wire pickups.
This wiring kit is 10/10 difficulty rating and we strongly recommend it is assembled by a qualified and experienced guitar tech.
We offer a prewired version of this kit - see our Jimmy Page harness.