The above video demonstrates how to install our prewired Les Paul harness and prewired toggle switch. Despite being "prewired" there is still a little bit of soldering required to get everything up and running.
The guitar in this video is an Epiphone Les Paul that is having the electrics replaced: the full works - new pots, capacitors, switch, jack and a new set of the House of Tone "Tru PAF" pickups. The wiring harness is our short shaft pot version to suit Epiphone or other far eastern models (most brands except Gibson) whilst the switch is the Switchcraft short frame toggle switch.
You will need
- Les Paul wiring harness
- Prewired Switchcraft toggle switch
- Switchcraft 1/4'' jack socket
- 3.5mm dia heat shrink rubber tubing
- Wire cutters
- Soldering iron
- Lead free silver solder (or 60/40 - it is easier to work with)
- Heat resistant cloth (or even an old t-shirt) to protect the guitar's finish.
If you have purchased our prewired Les Paul toggle switch to suit the harness, it comes colour coded for easy installation.
Guitar Wiring Guides: