HS Telecaster® Wiring Kit
Loose components and DIY kits are shipped same day if ordered before 1pm. Refer to our shipping policy.
Wiring kit to suit HS Telecaster® setups (humbucker and single coil). This is wired identically to our classic 3 way kit but with two notable differences.
This wiring kit uses 500k solid shaft pots for both volume and tone. The clever use of a 470k resistor, ensures that the single coil reads the pot as 250k, giving a nice balance to circuits that use both single coils and humbuckers together.
HS Telecaster® wiring kit includes:
- 2 x CTS 500k solid shaft pots (Mojotone, 10% tolerance)
- 1 x CRL USA 3 way blade switch
- 1 x 0.022uF orange drop capacitor
- 1 x 470k resistor
- 1 x Switchcraft® 1/4'' jack socket
- 4ft Gavitt® USA cloth wire (2ft black/2ft cream)
- Heat shrink rubber tubing to insulate key areas
- Optional SSS Premium® PIO capacitor upgrade
- Optional treble bleed circuit for volume control
This kit is suitable for both HS setup (humbucker in the neck) and SH setup (humbucker in the bridge)
Will this fit my guitar?
All of our guitar and bass wiring kits use imperial sized components and will fit USA or Mexican Telecaster® models without modification. If fitting into a Squire model for example, or other imported models/generic copies, you my be required to enlarge the holes in the control plate to 10mm to accommodate the larger diameter CTS pot shafts.
Refer to the below video for guidelines on where to put the resistor or refer to our guide here.